- ASME M. Eugene Merchant Manufacturing Medal, 2006.
- ASME Design Automation Best Paper Award, 2005-2006.
- Elected Fellow, National Academy of Engineering, 2004.
- Hideo Hanafusa Outstanding Investigator Award, Institute of Systems, Control and Information Engineers (ISCIE), 2004.
A. Galip Ulsoy
- 2008 SME Albert M. Sargent Progress Award.
- Graduate Colloquium Speaker, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 2006.
- Outstanding Achievement Award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2005-2006.
- National Academy of Engineering, USA. Elected to membership in 2006.
- Henry M. Paynter Outstanding Investigator Award, ASME Internation, Dynamic Systems and Control Division, 2004.
- Alpha Pi Mu Professor of the Year award: 2003, 2004, 2006
- Sloan Foundation Industry Studies Fellow, 2005 – 2007
- John R. and Beverly Holt Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2005
- Forging Achievement Awards, Forging Industry Educational and Research Foundation, 2007
- Best Paper Award, Annual Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Proceedings of IERC 2007.
- Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International Standards (SEMI) Outstanding Achievement Award, 2005 and 2006.
Jianjun (Jan) Shi, Judy Jin
- Best Paper Award from IIE Annual Conference, for the paper “Causation-based T2 Decomposition for Multivariate Process Monitoring and Diagnosis,” 2006.